Thursday, December 11, 2014

Creativity Lab!

For our final lab of the year we had the chance to challenge our creativity. We were asked to bring along our favorite unit plan that we had written so far and that's all we knew about the lab. When we got there, we were told that we were going to the Dollar Store and we had five dollars to purchase some things to make a lesson or the unit more creative.

I chose to bring along my genetics unit plan and I had no idea what I was going to buy at the Dollar Store to help teach one of these lessons. When we got there I looked around for a while trying to get
ideas. Then I found a bunch of fun crazy colored hair pieces. I got two brown, two lighter brown and one really bright red! My plan for these hair pieces is to choose one color that is dominant and one color that is recessive. Students will then put two of the hair pieces together and determine what color hair the offspring will have.

I really enjoyed this lab and thought that it was a fun idea. It really got me thinking out of the box to figure out unique ways to teach my content. It was really interesting to see what my classmates picked up as well!

I think that having creativity in the classroom is great for many reasons. First, it can make the learning experience more fun for the students. It can also get students thinking about the content and ways that hadn't before. This lab definitely made me want to think of unique and creative way to teach more of my content during student teaching.

" Creativity is seeing what everyone else has seen, but thinking what no one else has thought."
- Albert Einstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment