Monday, September 29, 2014

Where does the time go?

Time Management Tips for Teachers

Time management has always been something I have struggled with. It seems like there is just not enough time in the day! How can I be sure that I manage my time more effectively especially once I
have my own classroom someday?

An article written by Remez Sasson for  the Success Consciousness website listed many reasons why time management is important. It begins by saying that time is a resource that you cannot store or save for later. Therefore the time you waste, you cannot get back! It goes on to say how having proper time management skills helps you to set up your priorities and be more productive throughout your entire day. 

We all know that time management is important but how can I improve my time management skills? Concordia Online Education gives 5 tips to manage your time. The tips were focused specifically for teachers! I really liked these tips because they were simple but effective and I can see ways I would implement them into my future classroom and even while I am student teaching. 

1. Organize the day by priorities
          Make sure the most important tasks happen!
2. Strategically plan homework assignments
          Differentiate between what will be useful to do in class and what can be done at home
3. Avoid loaded procrastination
          Small piles of paper is easier to manage and the feedback will be more useful!
4. Plan for potential crisis
           Have a plan of action!
5. Set aside personal time
           Prioritize and make sure you have time for yourself 

Check out this YouTube video that provides 3 tips to help manage time! It focuses on the "RAC" Method: Recording, Analyzing and Changing


Check out this website containing many Teacher Resources for Time Management. These resources include things such as a daily planner, guides to procrastination and even a teachers guide to sleep! 

Even though it might seem like there is just not enough time in the day, there are many resources, tips and techniques to help me manage my time. These will be beneficial while I am student teaching and also in my future classroom someday!

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot!"

Resources:
"5 Time Management Tips for Teachers." Concordia Online Education. N.P., 2014. Web. 28 
            September 2014.5 Time Management Tips for Teachers

Sasson, Remez. "Importance of Time Management." Success Consciousness. N.P., 2014. Web. 28 
            September 2014. Importance of Time Management

"Top 10 Resources to Help Teachers Manage Time." The Guardian: Teacher Network. N.P. 2014. 
            Web. 28 September 2014. Top 10 Resources to Help Teachers Manage Time


No comments:

Post a Comment