Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 14: Coming to an End

As I look back over the past 14 weeks I can't believe all of the things I have got to experience. This week was as exciting as all the others were! My time here at CASH are coming to an end which means I have to hand the classes back over to Ms Aurand! We are wrapping up our units on animals
science and welding and getting ready to move on to new things!

The metal cowboy projects are coming along great and the plants are growing great in the greenhouse! I am looking forward to coming back for the CASH FFA banquet in May and seeing the flowers we planted being used as center pieces and door prizes!

The most exciting part of the week was having the opportunity to help run the Dairy Foods CDE at the local Spring Round-Up. This day full of contests including dairy judging, floriculture, meat judging, wildlife and small gas engines was held at the Lawrence County fairgrounds. Students from many Western PA schools can to compete in these events!

This was so beneficial because I got the chance to see all the work it takes to prepare for a contest and what it takes to run the CDE! I got to administer the written test portion of the dairy foods contest and even judge the corsages that the students in the floriculture contest made!

During my time at Round-Up I was reminded of the endless opportunities and skills that FFA provides these students. All of the students were so excited to get there to compete, meet other FFA members from all the different schools and hang out with their classmates.

I'm thankful for all of the opportunities I've had here at CASH and I'm ready to enjoy this last week!


No comments:

Post a Comment