Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Visiting Carly-Jean the Ag Ed Machine!

On Wednesday, April 1st I had the chance to head to Fort Cherry High School and Visit another 2015 Penn State student teacher Carly-Jean Schaefer! I loaded up my car and headed to Southwestern PA to visit and see what the students at Fort Cherry were up to!

I had the chance to visit on a unique day when they were having a CDE day. Students participated in Job Interview and Sales competition! Besides the CDE's I also got to observe Ms Schaefer in a few different classes. 

We started the day by doing some composting in the bins that one of her classes built. It was awesome to see not only the bins, but how they are implementing them throughout the entire school. Carly and her cooperating teacher Mrs. Hoover, go around the cafeteria at lunch and collect food scraps to compost! I also got to observe Ms Schaefer working with her floriculture students. They were making Easter arrangements where they added things such as Easter eggs and peeps to the arrangements for some extra color and Easter touch!

One of the most impressive thing about my visits was getting to see the facilities at Fort Cherry. The greenhouse, floral arranging room, hydroponic systems and classroom were all very impressive! 

Overall, it was such a great day to catch up with my dear friend Carly and see her in her element. I was very impressed in the way she handled herself around the students and you can definitely tell they respected her and enjoyed having her as their instructor!

No comments:

Post a Comment