Friday, January 23, 2015

Week 2: And so it begins!

Everyday is becoming a new experience for me here at Conneaut Area Senior High. This week we had Monday off and an in-service day on Tuesday. During the in-service day I had the chance to attend a staff meeting, meet more of the administration and talk to Ms Aurand about future plans for my upcoming classes.

On Wednesday I finally got to teach my first group of students! I began my Plant Science unit with my Agriculture Education 2 class. We began with some introductions and talked about my expectations for the class. We talked about what experiences they have had with plants in the past and what they wanted to learn about. To finish out the class we talked about the importance of plants by listing all of the plants and plant products that we come in contact with on a daily basis. 
Thursday was a lot of fun because we got to be in the greenhouse! We discussed the proper way to plant seeds and what materials we needed. Then we got work planting geraniums! The goal is to be able to use these flowers at the FFA Banquet this spring! 

Friday we were back in the classroom discussing parts of plants. We specifically focused on roots and stems and their functions within plants. I have really enjoyed being in the classroom with the students this week. I am looking forward to adding another class next week and getting to work with more students! 


"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great experience Laura! I'm looking forward to my first visit on Thursday.

    Keep challenging yourself to engage in deeper reflection on your week's events/experiences.

    Keep doing great things!

    LR

    ReplyDelete