Saturday, January 17, 2015

Week 1: Welcome to C.A.S.H.

I cannot believe that this was my first official week as a student teacher. The past 7 semesters of college have lead up to this moment and it’s finally here. This week was a little different due to the fact that we were on a trip to the Farm Show for four days. However, I was both excited and nervous
to spend Thursday and Friday in the classroom.

This week was an observation week for me so I spent the majority of my time observing Ms. Aurand teach and trying to learn student’s names. At the beginning of each class we went around the room and each student shared their name and three things about them. This was a fun activity that really helped me get to know the students a little more but also helped the students get to know me.

Another exciting part of this past week was getting to meet other faculty members and the administration at Conneaut Area Senior High. It was great to put a face with the names of principals and other teachers throughout the school!

This week also gave me time to make sure I was ready to officially teach next week! I was able to get my lesson plans ready and get the materials lined up to pant geraniums in the greenhouse next week. I am looking forward to being in the front of the classroom starting Wednesday!


"Wake up with determination. Go to sleep with satisfaction"

1 comment:

  1. Laura, sounds like you had an enjoyable first week. How will you utilize knowing a little bit about your students to enhance your instruction?

    ReplyDelete