Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week 11: Is Technology Helping or Hurting?

One of the unique opportunities that I have here at CASH is the chance to use a lot of technology in the classroom. The school is one to one which means that each student has their own iPad! I also have access to my own iPad and an Apple TV which means that I can project my iPad on to the screen so everyone can see it.

This has given me the chance to do a lot of cool things in the classroom and make my lectures a little more exciting. However, the iPads can also have some problems in the classroom. Check out this chart below of some of my observations! 


Overall the biggest struggle has been the distraction that using iPads in the classroom can create. When we are using them for research or to take notes, students can quickly open other tabs. 

On the other hand, the awesome things that you can do with iPads has been so fun to utilize. I have loved using NearPod instead of showing PowerPoints. The other nice thing is that I can easily divide students up into groups for research!

Having iPads in the classroom can be challenging at times but has been an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment