Sunday, October 19, 2014

Weekly Writing #8

Evaluation 

How can we assess our students learning without boring them to death or stressing them out about an exam? I can remember hating tests for end of unit assessments in high school. I either stressed out trying to study or felt like the exam really didn't measure what I had learned. 

So as I have been working on lesson plans and unit plans, I have been trying to figure out what type of evaluation would be the most effective. Throughout this week's reading assignment I was able to learn and different ways to evaluate learning and the advantages and disadvantages of each method!


The most interesting part of this week's readings was the section about how to effectively evaluate supervised agricultural experiences. This is such a integral part of an agriculture education program and it is important to measure the student's achievement. I found it interesting to read that teacher's should take into account the size or scope of the project, the student effort, and the condition or quality. 


"Empower everyone to be the best version of themselves"


No comments:

Post a Comment